IT'S JUST SEX has demonstrated consistent critical and audience acclaim as well as commercial success every time it has been produced. Prior to the 2012, Los Angeles run, It’s Just Sex sold out its entire ticket allotment on a popular ticketing website in 1 day!
NEW YORK CITY - OFF BROADWAY
2013-2014 – Actors Temple Theater, New York City
- Open-ended Equity production
- Previews began June 4, 2014. Opened June 25, 2013
LOS ANGELES (LA's Longest Running Comedy 2008 - 2010)
2007 – Zephyr Theater, West Hollywood, CA - 16 Weeks (Extended twice)
- 100 Performances
- 88% capacity for entire run – Sold out 48% of performances
- Investment fully recouped in Week 11
2008-2010 – Two Roads Theater, Studio City, CA – 21 months (Extended 8 times)
- Script Revised, All-New Production
- LA's Longest Running Comedy
- Sold-Out / SRO – 90+% of performances
- Investment fully recouped in Week 10
2012 – Two Roads Theater, Studio City, CA - Limited 'Investors' Run – 8 Weeks
- 100% Capacity
- Ticket allotment on goldstar.com sold out in 1 day.
- Pre-production costs recouped in 2 weeks.
Secret Rose Theater / NoHo Playhouse, North Hollywood, CA - Limited 'Investors' Run
- Scheduled to open Spring 2014 to raise capital for Las Vegas production schedule for 2014-2015
2012 – Edge Theater, Lakewood (Denver), Colorado
- 3rd Highest Grossing production in history of the Edge Theater Co.
- "Racy. Plenty of Laughs. Lively and Entertaining."
- EXAMINER.COM ( click here for full review )
- "Free-wheeling, Funny. Sure to spark some interesting post-play discussion."
- 303MAGAZINE.COM ( click here for full review )
- "It's Just Sex is turning up the heat at The Edge Theater . Grab your loved one and come be enticed and entertained by this hilarious show."
- BROADWAYWORLD.COM ( click here for full review )
- "A very funny comedy."
- NORTH DENVER TRIBUNE ( click here for full review )
2013 - Theatre Cambrian, Sudbury (Ontario), Canada
- Sold at approx 80% capacity
- "Light-hearted, fun and really relevant." - LFPRESS.COM"
- LFPRESS.COM ( click here for full review )
- "A Crowd-Pleaser."
- SUDBURY NORTHERN LIFE ( click here for full review )
2013 - The Company Theater at The Rose Center, Auckland, New Zealand
- Sold at approx, 85% capacity
- "Hilarious, Thought-provoking. A fun-filled night."
- EVENTFINDER.COM ( click here for full review )
- "An outrageous romp. Sure to inspire compelling debate on the way home."
- PINVENTS ( click here for full review )
2013 - OnStage Playhouse, San Diego, California
- OnStage Playhouse's Highest Grossing production of the 2012-2013 season.
- "A tense evening of 'fun'. The risky behavior steers into a thoughtful consideration of real and fundamental issues: communication."
- SAN DIEGO GAY & LESBIAN NEWS ( click here for full review )